PCS, Corosync, Pacemaker, and Bind

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Wed Mar 16 00:40:02 UTC 2016

Mike Bernhardt <bernhardt at bart.gov> wrote:

> I'm setting up a new CentOS 7 DNS server cluster to replace our very old
> CentOS 4 cluster. The old one uses heartbeat which is no longer supported,
> so I'm now using pcs, corosync, and pacemaker.

I suggest having a look at keepalived: it's significantly simpler.

> I want BIND to listen on, query from, etc on a particular IP address,
> which is virtualized. The options currently used are:
> query-source address
> listen-on
> notify-source
>
> listen-on isn't a big deal, but the source address options are.

Why do you care about the query source address?

I don't set any of those options and just let BIND pick whatever source
address it wants; it might choose the server admin address or the
advertised service address, and that doesn't matter because everything
else is configured to accommodate this.

Tony.
Shannon, Rockall: Southeast 4 or 5, increasing 6 at times in Shannon. Moderate
or rough. Fair. Mainly good.