UDP Packet Hack

Warren Kumari warren at kumari.net
Wed Jun 22 01:46:48 UTC 2016

Sorry, but isn't this almost exactly the same question which you asked
in: https://lists.isc.org/pipermail/bind-users/2016-June/097012.html
("Append a Hard-coded Text Tuple into Additional Section of "dig"
Feature") ? And "Query "resolver" and "lwresd" via "dig"" ?

Perhaps if you explained what you are actually trying to *accomplish*,
and *why*, people here might be able to provide you with a more useful
answer.

dig simply performs DNS queries and displays the results. It provides
some knobs, like the ability to specify the server to query, to set
specific flags, etc, but fundamentally it is just a client with
performs DNS lookups and prints the results.

"DESCRIPTION
       dig (domain information groper) is a flexible tool for
interrogating DNS name servers. It performs DNS lookups and displays
the answers that are
       returned from the name server(s) that were queried. Most DNS
administrators use dig to troubleshoot DNS problems because of its
flexibility, ease of
       use and clarity of output. Other lookup tools tend to have less
functionality than dig."

If you want to stuff some other information into the additional
section (almost definitely a bad idea!) you will first need a good,
fundamental understanding of how the DNS works -- I'd suggest you
start of by reading "DNS and BIND" by Cricket -
http://shop.oreilly.com/product/9780596100575.do

There are many things you will need to know first, like, who do you
want to include this? The authoritative server or the recursive? Who
is going to consume this additional information?

As I said, a much clearer explanation of what you want to actually
accomplish, and why, will allow people to provide useful answers...