writeable file 'domain.com': already in use

Daniel Dawalibi daniel.dawalibi at idm.net.lb
Thu Jun 16 06:53:14 UTC 2016

Hello

We are upgrading our DNS authoritative BIND version 9.10.4-P1 but we are
facing "writing errors" on the slave zone files that are transferred from
other Master DNS servers.

Our configuration consists of two views  (local and inter) and the domain is
configured in both views sections.

The problem was solved after removing the zone from one VIEW but is there
any workaround for this issue without removing the zone from the view
section (either Local or Inter)?

BIND configuration file

.

view "local" in {

zone "domain.com"{

                type slave; masters { IPsrc; } ; transfer-source IPdest ;

                file "domain.com";

        };

view "internation" in {

                zone "domain.com"{

                type slave; masters { IPsrs; } ; transfer-source IPdes ;

                file "domain.com";

        };

.

Errors:

Jun 15 09:08:09 DNSAUTH named[17148]:  /etc/named.conf:27855: writeable file
'domain.com': already in use: /etc/named.conf:8497

Regards

Daniel