ISC considering a change to the BIND open source license

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Wed Jun 15 06:19:56 UTC 2016

On 15/06/2016 10:29, Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:
> On 6/14/2016 4:28 PM, Noel Butler wrote:
>> On 15/06/2016 05:38, Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:
>>
>>> It seems some on the list are short on philosophy? Well here is
>>> the actual philosophy and I'll apologize in advance that it won't fit
>>> in a SMS message for those people unable to have deep thoughts more
>>> complex than a SMS message. Hopefully you are not one of them.
>>>

>> I guess we can read this as you are, or are related to, one of these
>> commercial entities that are not playing nice... There is absolutely
>> no
>> other reason one would be so dead against it as you are.
>>

> Or, you could simply just copy and paste my name into Linkedin and see
> who my current employer is.  Wow there's even a click-able website
> there!   What will they think up next, Maw!!!
>
> I know, too boring.
>
> Ted

Why?  Its not important to me who your employer is, I have far far far
far far better things to do than research every poster I reply to.

I have also notes the quality of your posts on other lists over time, so
I would be even less inclined to bother. I havent and arent going to
bother, its irrelevant who they are, most of us have several ties to
orgs outside our main income stream. I can assure you my linkedin page
which hasnt been updated in ages, even when current, didnt list half of
mine.

Again, if you are a  user - there is no change
if you are a redistributor: there is no change - UNLESS you modify BIND
and keepo it to yourself - thats fair, Vicky's post explained it so well
a child could understand it, if someone is affected by the pending
change, then they are part of the problem that brought this about.

--
If you have the urge to reply to all rather than reply to list, you best
first read  http://members.ausics.net/qwerty/