Why isn't my Bind server answering this query

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Wed Jun 8 12:19:55 UTC 2016

Harshith Mulky <harshith.mulky at outlook.com> wrote:

> test1.zone has following set of records,

[snip]
> test1 IN NAPTR   22   32   "u"        "SIP+D2U"       ""      _sip._udp.test1.com.
[snip]

> ;; QUESTION SECTION:
> ;test1.com.                        IN      NAPTR

The only NAPTR record in your zone is test1.test1.zone.

Try running the zone through named-compilezone to canonicalize it.

Unqualified names in zone files are a huge pitfall. If you do use them,
you need to be very systematic and disciplined about it.

Tony.
East Wight: Variable 2 or 3, becoming northeasterly 4 or 5. Smooth or slight.
Fog patches and showers at first. Moderate or good, occasionally very poor at
first.