Using bind and ad blocking

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Sat Jan 30 02:39:20 UTC 2016

On 01/23/2016 01:47 PM, Olliver Schinagl wrote:
> recently I updated to bind-9.10 and noticed that an illegal setup was
> finally disallowed. Good things, but I (and others I'm sure) kind of
> miss-used this ability. With the change however, I am now looking for
> help on restoring similar behavior. Let me explain.

I'm doing something similar with static zones on recent versions of Bind.

What specific error(s) are you getting?

I would also suggest you take a look at Response Policy Zone, as I think
it would be more efficient (less memory and faster) than loading
potentially thousands of zones almost empty zones.

As a bonus, you could dynamically add / update / remove records from the
RPZ zone without needing to restart Bind.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die