Bind9 on VMWare

sthaug at nethelp.no sthaug at nethelp.no
Wed Jan 13 13:45:41 UTC 2016

> > Complexity?
>
> which complexity?
>
> a virtual guest is less complex because you don't need a ton of daemons
> for hardware-monitoring, drivers and what not on the guest

For me the relevant comparison is my ordinary OS vs. my ordinary OS +
VMWare.

> complex are 30 phyiscal servers instead two fat nodes running a
> virtualization cluster with one powerful shared storage

Ayup, lots of eggs in one basket.

I absolutely believe virtualization has its place. I also believe that
"everywhere" is not that place.

bind-users is probably not the right forum to discuss virtualization,
so I'll just leave the discussion at that for my part.

Steinar Haug, Nethelp consulting, sthaug at nethelp.no