Allow-Query=any

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Thu Jan 7 12:44:09 UTC 2016

Am 07.01.2016 um 07:56 schrieb Ejaz:
> How to control from the DNS bind “Query type Any” such as. If someone
> does look up with query type =any, results will display the SOA section,
> mail and Name server information, which I don’t want display all info..
> only specific information

while what you want makes *zero* sense because you can not hide
mandatory infos with "minimal-responses yes;" the responses are way
shorter and DNS traffic goes down by around 20% on a auth nameserver
because the stripped "ADDITIONAL SECTION"

as already explained: when somebody wants a information which exists in
the DNS he can ask for that information - unconditionally