Writeable file already in use

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Tue Jan 5 10:32:15 UTC 2016

Jan-Piet Mens <jpmens.dns at gmail.com> wrote:

> For a non-signed zone I note the transfer indeed works without a 'file'
> specification, and I note it's not stored on file anywhere (just in
> core).

Yes, so (as you have probably guessed) the server has to retransfer the
zone from scratch when it is restarted. This might make you sad if you
have lots of zones or large zones.

Tony.
Hebrides, Bailey, Fair Isle: Easterly or southeasterly 5 to 7, occasionally
gale 8 in Fair Isle, decreasing 4 at times. Moderate or rough, occasionally
very rough in Fair Isle. Showers, wintry in Fair Isle. Good, occasionally poor
in Fair Isle.