Systemd script

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Fri Feb 19 11:28:30 UTC 2016

Am 19.02.2016 um 12:25 schrieb Reindl Harald:
> Am 19.02.2016 um 12:13 schrieb Josep Manel Andrés:
>> Hi Harald,
>> Thanks, but I suspect those are the files that come with the default
>> system installation, but not usable (without modifications) if I have
>> compiled it from source. Am I right?
>
> well, it should not be that hard to adopt them for your needs or even
> build a proper package containing all that stuff - only over my dead
> body i would do a "make install" on any machine oustide rpmbuild

BTW - why don't you just take the SuSE src.rpm, modify the SPEC file for
the location where you want to have your own build installed and fire
some sed-commands in the buildprocess to scripts and config files?

that way you only need to swap the tarball, change the version number in
the SPEC and have proper updates in the future