CVE-2015-7547: getaddrinfo() stack-based buffer overflow

John W. Blue john.blue at rrcic.com
Wed Feb 17 16:46:12 UTC 2016

I agree with Reindl, but (at the risk of this sounding bad) it also underscores why it is important to proactive in management of risk and change.

If you don't know what you don't know that is very risky behavior.  If there is a collective freak out on what to do to get something fixed regardless of the pain and suffering, well .. that is poor change management.  The good news is that both of those over-arching issues are addressable.

John