Need of 2 $ORIGIN Directives

Petr Mensik pemensik at redhat.com
Wed Dec 21 13:12:17 UTC 2016

A) $ORIGIN changes appended suffix to all hostnames without trailing . for all following records. You can change it more than one time.
Unless I am mistaken, NS records of first section would expand to
. NS local.atlanta.com.
. NS kabulvm8.atlanta.com.

That seems wrong to me.

B) Yes, it is almost equal. NS records are correct this time. I would prefer this variant myself.

However if those zones are output of some tool or script, you should try to support multiple usage of $ORIGIN directive in any tools you use.

--
Petr Menšík
Software Engineer