Enterprise DNS Architecture - AD and BIND

Veaceslav Revutchi slavarevutchi at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 01:36:36 UTC 2016

Since this thread is still fresh, what is the current best practice
when slaving from AD? Do you pick one DC and list it as master or is
it safe to list multiple? We are looking to do the same and just
started the conversation with our AD team. The serial numbers among
DCs authoritative for the same zone are quite spread out and it takes
a few minutes for the DC with the lowest number to catch up. I'm not
sure if I can assume that two DCs with the same serial number have the
same zone contents. Haven't done a zone transfer comparizon yet.

Curious to know what your experience is when slaving from AD.

Thank you,
Slava