SPF and domain keys

project722 project722 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 13:49:59 UTC 2016

What about DKIM only? Can it be used instead of, or, as a "replacement" for
SPF? For example mails are signed with DKIM from the SMTP servers, and the
receiving servers are checking both SPF and DKIM. If the receiving server
detected a missing SPF would it allow mail through if DKIM is present and
valid? I suppose a lot of this depends on the SPF policies enforced on the
receiving side.