Question about dynamic IPv6-PTR-Generation

Woodworth, John R John.Woodworth at CenturyLink.com
Sat Aug 27 19:13:56 UTC 2016

> I'll let the market decide. For now, such a requirement isn't even
> a blip on the horizon as far as I can see.

Understood.  I guess we all have our own perspective and priorities.

There are, however, several popular commercial DNS vendors I know
first hand which are offering their own proprietary solutions as
marketing features.

This coupled with our own customer requests leads me to believe the
issue is a lot blippier than one might think.  Even _this_ email
thread started with a real-world need seeking a solution.

Our proposed solution (I-D) is not IPv6 specific and would be a
standards based approach allowing the "intent" of generated DNS
records to be transferred regardless of vendor.  Think of it more
as an extension to the wonderful $GENERATE we all love and adore.

Just curious, is there a fundamental reason you have to oppose this
beyond simply the scale?

Regards,
John

> Steinar Haug, Nethelp consulting, sthaug at nethelp.no

-- THESE ARE THE DROIDS TO WHOM I REFER:

This communication is the property of CenturyLink and may contain confidential or privileged information. Unauthorized use of this communication is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the communication and any attachments.