DNS views TSIG and zone xfers

project722 project722 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 22:25:35 UTC 2016

Actually, I got to thinking about this. The "other_allowed_ns" ACL is in
the global options, along with an "allow-transfer" for that ACL. So, I
*think* they will still be able to zone transfer via the global option
based on simply IP. BUT...since I have multiple views, which zones from
which views get sent over to these servers and how will they know how to
handle the info if zones from both views get sent. Would something like
this help:

allow-transfer { other_allowed_ns; view "external"; };

So they only get sent the zones from the external view?