OPenssl 1.1 and Bind

Mark Andrews marka at isc.org
Thu Aug 18 23:28:15 UTC 2016

In message <np4ipv$18t6$12 at gallifrey.nk.ca>, The Doctor writes:
> Vin?cius Ferr?o <ferrao at if.ufrj.br> wrote:
> : OpenSSL 1.0 will continue to be supported. There's no rush to go to 1.1 rel
> ease.
>
> : I can't see this as an issue.
>
> Tell us that when openssl 1.0 starts to disappear.

It was mostly accessor functions were missing which I wasn't worried
about as I expected them to turn up which they have.  You then have
to recode everything to deal with all the structures being opaque.

There is also the issue of making a code base that will compile w/
OpenSSL 1.1 and OpenSSL 1.0 (and 0.9 despite it being EOL).  I
suspect we will have static versions of the OpenSSL 1.1 accessor
functions so we can build w/ OpenSSL 1.0 and not have too many
#if/#else/#endif.  Aim to have all the code be written for OpenSSL 1.1.

Need to figure out how GOST is now done.

PKCS11 will most probably not be via OpenSSL anymore.

Then there is the gssapi support libraries that also need to support
OpenSSL 1.1.

Mark