whether squid application of the machine and the client will get different Name Resolution ( A records)at cdn ( balance or random ) environment .

Graham Clinch g.clinch at lancaster.ac.uk
Tue Apr 12 09:39:49 UTC 2016

Hi John,

> whether we can force BIND to realize same Name Resolution ( A records) ,
> i search named.conf detail and *found the command ***rrset-order fixed )
> *will be suitable *, but fixed will be support by BIND 8 ,
>
> and i use BIND 9 now , if possible , please give me some advisement

Checking section 6.2.16.14 of the BIND 9.10 Administrators Reference
Manual (https://www.isc.org/downloads/bind/doc/):

-=-
In this release of BIND 9, the rrset-order statement does not support
”fixed” ordering by default. Fixed ordering can be enabled at compile
time by specifying ”–enable-fixed-rrset” on the ”configure” command line.
-=-

However, my reading of fixed ordering ('the order they are defined in
the zone file') implies it can only work on an authoritative server that
has a full copy of the zone.  A server that is iterating will receive
records in the order that the authoritative sorts them, and I don't see
how the iterating server can reorder them against the zone file.

sortlist (section 6.2.16.13 of 9.10) might be more appropriate, but it's
scaled more towards continent-sized address blocks rather than
reordering all answers lexicographically.

Graham