BIND 9.10.2p4 SERVFAIL Error

Mark Andrews marka at isc.org
Fri Sep 18 01:53:46 UTC 2015

In message <CO2PR0801MB5990232A02D4BFFABD2E91B845A0 at CO2PR0801MB599.namprd08.prod.outlook.com>, Amy Briggs writes:

> Last week I upgraded to BIND 9.10.2p4 from BIND 9.9.7p2 and started
> getting this strange behavior.   Twice now a subdomain of viebit.com has
> stopped resolving on our nameservers and gives a  SERVFAIL error.  I have
> to kill the named process and restart it, then it resolves again.   Has
> any one experienced this behavior?  Does anyone know of any issues with
> BIND 9.10.2p4 or a problem with viebit.com that would cause this issue?
>
> Thank you for any help you can provide,
>
> Amy

Sorry our crystal balls are broken.  Why can't anyone report the
actual domain name they are having problems with?  "A subdomain of
viebit.com" is *not* reporting the actual domain name.  If you
want help from people stop making them guess where the problem
is.

viebit.com had mismatching NS RRsets at the delegation but that
shouldn't cause resolution issues.

Mark
--
Mark Andrews, ISC