Multiple A and PTR and the "main" ones?

David Ford david at blue-labs.org
Fri Sep 11 14:54:52 UTC 2015

We are also one of those services that will reject mail if DNS records
don't line up sufficiently to a) satisfy RFC requirements for DNS and b)
are clearly mismatched with your DNS A/MX/PTR/SPF and who you pretend to
be in HELO/EHLO

Those two simple rules block more than 92% of incoming spam attempts.

"generics" tend to fall into that pit nearly 100% of the time. If your
DNS can simply say in MX/SPF that you are legit, you easily avoid that pit.

Blocking the majority of spam is really easy if we simply require
adherence to what is actually mandated in RFC and a pinch of sensible
thinking about DNS.

-d