Multiple A and PTR and the "main" ones?

Marek Kozlowski kozlowsm at mini.pw.edu.pl
Fri Sep 11 12:02:57 UTC 2015

:-)

I have defined several A and PTR records for my main server.
Unfortunately, recently I've noticed that some peer servers have
problems with rev-resolving my IP (verifying the name and address) if
there are too many As and PTRs. I'm wondering if it's possible to
specify one A and one PTR as a "main" name (same as hostname) for this
server? Yes' I can use a single A and PTR and multiple CNAME's, however
I'd prefer the solution with As and PTSs only. Any kind of priority?

Thank,
best regards,
Marek