Installing bind is not very clear for me

Leandro ingrogger at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 17:45:59 UTC 2015

Dear All:
While installing bind still have not clear some issues:
Im using Centos 6.6 since Im not very comfortable with Centos7 yet.

My final goal is to get an updated and stable version and also use json
format for the statistics channel.

1) Some bind users recommended to get at least a 9.10 release but:
Using yum and repos, founded that 9.8 is available for Centos 6.6.
Also , Centos recommend not to build from source when possible.

2)Building bind 9.10 from source is not complicated but:
Could not install on chroot.
Could not get the json or xml statistics , only html.

Any ideas ?
Is possible to update / add my repos to install a recent version with
json support and chrooted with:
If not , Is it possible to build from source in chrooted enviroment ?
Any doc ?

btw: Server is not in production yet.

Thanks!!
Leandro.