Question about name resolution.

Bhangui, Sandeep - BLS CTR Bhangui.Sandeep at bls.gov
Mon Oct 26 12:50:24 UTC 2015

Hello

Had the following question about  name resolution of the following two links....one of the link resolves fine from our Internal network but the second one does not resolve at all it comes back stating host not resolvable.

At this point I am not clear whether this is an issue with our Internal Network or something beyond our control.

As such our DNS seems to be working properly and DNS resolution seems to be working fine on our Internal Network meaning we do not have any other reported cases of name resolution issues.

A. The following link works fine from our Internal Network.  If I do a dig on "www.adobe.com" I see an A record.

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/air/air-sdk-download.html

B. The following link does NOT work from our Internal Network. If I do a dig on "airdownload.adobe.com" I only see an CNAME record. And folks get the error host not resolvable when they try to access on our Internal Network.

http://airdownload.adobe.com

I have tried the second link which does not work on our internal network on  my phone using AT&T network and it seems to get redirected to www.adobe.com.  So it looks like the redirect is not working properly when folks try to access it from our Internal Network.

Not sure what exactly is happening here. Could this be an Firewall issue?

Any help or pointers would be appreciated.  Not sure whether I have provided enough information.

Thanks
Sandeep