FW: SRV Request to DNS

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Mon Oct 12 11:46:41 UTC 2015

On 06.10.15 09:21, Harshith Mulky wrote:
>Let us say we are having a FQDN and we need to Resolve it. It goes through
> the procedure of determining the IP and Port using NAPTR/SRV/A query
> mechanisms

no, the ordinary resolution does NOT use NAPTR and SRV records, only A
and/or AAAA records.

>The question I have is if I have a FQDN with a Port Number already
> determined, will it go through the Procedure of NAPTR/SRV/A query (or)
> simply do a A query (or) Is this left to the client to apply the Logic?

DNS does NOT care about port numbers.
Some upper-level protocols do, but they must take care themselves.

please provide more detailesd question, or search archives if it hasn't been
answered already.

Due to unexpected conditions Windows 2000 will be released
in first quarter of year 1901