Is there other methods or APIs to monitor qps?

liumingxing liumingxing at cnnic.cn
Mon Nov 30 03:51:15 UTC 2015

It means that the statistics channel should be opened? Is there timeout mechanism? May curl query be not stucked?

Mingxing, Liu
CNNIC

From: Tony Finch
Date: 2015-11-27 22:37
To: bind-users
Subject: Re: Is there other methods or APIs to monitor qps?
Ray Bellis <ray at isc.org> wrote:
> On 27/11/2015 13:02, Tony Finch wrote:
> > Use the statistics channel, e.g.
> >
> > curl --silent http://nameserver:853/json/v1/server | jq -r .opcodes.QUERY
>
> Note that this gives you the absolute total since startup - you need to
> take two measurements and divide by the time between them to convert
> that into something like QPS.

Indeed. Actually, I forgot I have a blog article about this:
http://fanf.livejournal.com/134571.html

Tony.
Thames, Dover, Wight: Southwest veering northwest for a time, 5 to 7,
increasing gale 8 at times. Slight or moderate, becoming moderate or rough.
Rain for a time, showers later. Moderate or good.