Adding DNS ALG support to Bind?

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Fri Nov 6 05:02:47 UTC 2015

On 11/05/2015 03:44 PM, Mark Andrews wrote:
> You may want to add a "_dns-update._udp.example.net SRV" record
> pointing to the nameservers as someone convinced the router vendor(s)
> that this is how you do it rather than that being a override to the
> default of just sending to the nameservers for the record to be
> updated.

I've run into multiple networks where the master name server is
inaccessible.  So, it's not possible for the Dynamic DNS client to send
updates there.

Further, some DNS servers will not forward Dynamic DNS updates.  (Bind
can be configured to forward Dynamic DNS updates quite easily.)

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die