Adding DNS ALG support to Bind?

Bill boober95 at rogers.com
Wed Nov 4 15:45:15 UTC 2015

You are correct, but in the use case I am looking at there is no Internet
connection.  There are a small number of mobile devices (5-15) behind a NAT
gateway with DNS.  The gateway provides service to other small networks, but
there is nothing else connected, it is an isolated system.

What I am trying to do is to be able to connect to s specific device, say a
'supervisor' by name.  I don't know the IP, and their IP may change, or the
supervisor might be a service that isn't always provided by the same device.
The IP will change and the DNS will be updated updated as needed

I don't want the device/user accessing the 'supervisor' to know the IP
address, other than the gateway IP, I don't want them to be able to save an
old IP.  Also, I don't what anyone watching the network (it is wireless) to
be able to see anything other than gateway addresses.

Basically, the device/user accessing the 'supervisor' should result in traffic
thru the gateway/NAT that looks as if the superviser initiated it, ie the
supervisor has been natted, and the reply IP is the gateway.

Not sure if I am going about this the right way, but that is my idea.  I
appreciate the comments I am receiving here, thanks.

/bill