Issue in calling same zone in more than one VIEW

Niall O'Reilly niall.oreilly at ucd.ie
Fri May 29 15:38:48 UTC 2015

On Fri, 29 May 2015 11:49:35 +0100,
Gaurav Kansal wrote:

> Now I have to create 2 files with different zone definition (one
> contains definition and the second one contains ‘in-view’ parameter).
> I know that this is not at all tough I but I just need to know if I
> can use same file for including in both the view (by anyhow).

  You can find some helpful examples in the configuration files
  used by the test suite (.../*.conf below):

dhcp-162(niall)14: tar xzf ~/Downloads/bind-9.10.2.tar.gz

dhcp-162(niall)16: find bind-9.10.2/ -type f -exec fgrep -q in-view {} \; -print
bind-9.10.2//bin/named/server.c
bind-9.10.2//bin/tests/system/checkconf/bad-sharedzone1.conf
bind-9.10.2//bin/tests/system/checkconf/bad-sharedzone2.conf
bind-9.10.2//bin/tests/system/checkconf/good.conf
bind-9.10.2//bin/tests/system/views/ns2/named2.conf
bind-9.10.2//CHANGES
bind-9.10.2//doc/arm/Bv9ARM-book.xml
bind-9.10.2//doc/arm/Bv9ARM.ch06.html
bind-9.10.2//doc/misc/options
bind-9.10.2//lib/bind9/check.c
bind-9.10.2//lib/isccfg/namedconf.c

  You'll also find documentation (in the ARM) of the restrictions on
  which other options can validly be used together with "in-view":

              An "in-view" option cannot refer to a view that is
              configured later in the configuration file.

              A "zone" statement which uses the "in-view" option may
              not use any other options with the exception of
              "forward" and "forwarders". (These options control the
              behavior of the containing view, rather than changing
              the zone object itself.)

              An "in-view" zone cannot be used as a response policy
              zone.

  I think you'll find that just one of your views can reference the
  zone file, while the other(s) will have an "in-view" option
  referencing the first view.

  I hope this helps.

  Best regards,
  Niall O'Reilly