Single slave zone definition for two view (cache file name problem)

Constantin Stefanov cstef at parallel.ru
Tue Mar 17 19:51:16 UTC 2015

On 17.03.2015 18:05, Lightner, Jeff wrote:
> 4.x would be quite ancient.   Where are you getting those version
> numbers?   You should be using 9.x these days so I suspect the BIND
> version isn't what you think it is.    Is it possible the version
> you're reporting is you OS rather than your BIND?
>
> What is reported when you run "named -v"?
I mistyped, I meant 9.6, sorry.

> Anyway what we do is in our views is simply name the internal zone
> files the same as external and prepend internal- to the name.
>
> e.g. myzone.com = external zone file internal-myzone.com = internal
> zone file.
>
> If they're the same you can simply copy from one to the other.
> Sometimes they are not the same which is why you have views in the
> first place.
These files are created by named itself, so I can't simplycopy them. The
question is not where to get the files, the question is how to simplify
config. With 9.6 I could have only one definition for a zone shared
between 2 views, although it was considered incorrect.
After upgrade to 9.10 old config does not work and I see no way to keep
the config as simple.

The question is - how to make the config simple, as was available before
upgrade.