windows client request timed out

Fr34k freaknetboy at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 22 18:32:38 UTC 2015

Put a dot at the end of the query hostname so that Windows doesn't add whatever the domain name suffix/es the Windows client may be configured with.That is,
  nslookup google.com.
It may be the case that the windows client is adding whatever domain name suffix/es it has been configured with (e.g., google.com.vivacell.com) and perhaps those queries are timing out until it finally tries google.com as the FQDN.

If a mystery remains, one can turn on nslookup debugging via:
  set d2whose additional output may explain what is going on.  That is, enter nslookup, then enter set d2, then enter a query such as google.com
Nslookup

|   |
|   |   |   |   |   |
| NslookupNslookup is a useful tool for troubleshooting DNS problems, such as host name resolution.  |
|  |
| View on technet.microsoft.com | Preview by Yahoo |
|  |
|   |

 I hope this helps.

     On Monday, June 22, 2015 7:36 AM, Niall O'Reilly <niall.oreilly at ucd.ie> wrote:

 On Mon, 22 Jun 2015 12:07:31 +0100,
Zelalem Fanta Woldesemayat wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I’ve configured BIND 9.9.4. as a cache only server on our DMZ so that
> it can serve as a DNS server for the internal network. Inside the DMZ
> zone the request time out is very fast and the DNS service resolves
> very quickly. But the problem is from the inside network. When I tried
> nslookup it gives the following message. Would you please help me to
> resolve this issue.

  Perhaps you need to configure named to allow access from the client
  network.  The ISC Knowledge Base has an article which may be useful:
  https://kb.isc.org/article/AA-00269/0/What-has-changed-in-the-behavior-of-allow-recursion-and-allow-query-cache.html

  Best regards,
  Niall O'Reilly