file descriptor exceeds limit

Mike Hoskins (michoski) michoski at cisco.com
Fri Jun 19 20:18:22 UTC 2015

On 6/19/15, 4:07 PM, "bind-users-bounces at lists.isc.org on behalf of
/dev/rob0" <bind-users-bounces at lists.isc.org on behalf of rob0 at gmx.co.uk>
wrote:

>On Fri, Jun 19, 2015 at 02:55:23PM -0500, I wrote:
>> On Thu, Jun 18, 2015 at 11:11:16PM +0000,
>>    Mike Hoskins (michoski) wrote:
>snip
>> Note that connection tracking can be a problem upstream as well,
>> for the same reasons as described in the article.  I would still
>> turn off conntrack for UDP DNS upstream, unless you're using DNAT
>> (yuck.)
>
>Oh ... hahaha ... I missed the @cisco.com, so I don't suppose you're
>using Linux on your upstream routers. :)
>
>The same idea applies regardless of implementation, of course.

Quite alright...  In past lives yes, and perhaps even internally at times
(more often OpenBSD and pf)...though I won't admit that.  ;-D

Regardless, all input is welcome.  I'll check out the KB article.  I have
sat for hours with the network team making sure "their" gear isn't
touching "my" DNS packets in any perverted ways, but it's always good to
triple check.

Thanks!