timeouts and negative caching

Gerd v. Egidy lists at egidy.de
Thu Jun 11 20:51:48 UTC 2015

Hi Tony,

> Look at the lame-ttl option. (though I think the behaviour is more
> complicated than the documentation implies)

I can report that lame-ttl doesn't help either, the timeout ttl stays at 300
secs.

>From reading the manual it seems to me that a "lame server" is something
different than a server not responding in time. But as you suggest it may be
that the manual does not cover this completely...

At least I have perfected the procedure to reproduce the behavior, it just
takes me a few minutes now till I get it.

Kind regards,

Gerd