New error about zone files: record with inherited owner ... immediately after $ORIGIN

Evan Hunt each at isc.org
Fri Jun 5 19:55:36 UTC 2015

> Finally: "named -v" reports "BIND 9.9.4-RedHat-9.9.4-18.el7_1.1
> (Extended Support Version)" and named itself does support our zone
> files.  It is only "named-checkconf -z" that is balking.

This fix was included in BIND 9.9.7:

4014.   [bug]           When including a master file origin_changed was
                        not being properly set leading to a potentially
                        spurious 'inherited owner' warning. [RT #37919]

I'm not sure that upgrading will address your specific issue, but it
seems like a pretty good bet.

Evan Hunt -- each at isc.org
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.