Getting an error on a simple DNS configuration

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Wed Jun 3 20:03:00 UTC 2015

On 03.06.15 12:34, Samad Agha wrote:
>So, when I query my new DNS server from itself (206.117.115.93), it
>resolves the name to an IP, but when I query my new DNS server from another
>Linux box, it fails with the following error message.

you must allow BIND to provide recursive DNS for other hosts, by configuring
"allow-recursion". otherwise, it will provide DNS resolution only for its
local networks (directly connected to host interfaces).

>[root at new-dns2 ~]# nslookup google.com 206.117.115.93

don't use nslookup, it's very bad tool for debugging DNS problems.
learn using host and/or dig

Emacs is a complicated operating system without good text editor.