Block propagation for a specific record A

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Wed Jul 29 14:35:06 UTC 2015

On 07/29/2015 03:59 AM, Job wrote:
> for a test page purpuose, we would like to avoid propagation only for a specific record A, example:
> test.domain.com

I don't think you can block propagation like you are wanting to.

> We need to test if users set up our DNS server in ethernet configuration, and they display correctly the test page.
> But, if test.domain.com propagate, we are not sure they use our DNS server!

Okay ...

> Is there a way?

Here's what I would do.

Configure test.domain.com so that it resolves to a known value for the
world to see a page that says things are configured incorrectly.

Configure test.domain.com internally so that it resolves to a different
known value for people to see that says that things are configured
correctly.  -  You can do this by adding an internal zone that uses Apex
Overrides to make test.domain.com resolve to a different address.

Link - dotFiles - Apex Override
  - http://dotfiles.tnetconsulting.net/articles/2014/0616/apex-override.html

--
Grant. . . .