tsig indicates error

John Miller johnmill at brandeis.edu
Fri Jul 24 16:07:09 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jul 24, 2015 at 11:52 AM, Mark Elkins <mje at posix.co.za> wrote:

> On Fri, 2015-07-24 at 15:44 +0000, Managed Pvt nets wrote:
> >

> > On 24/07/2015 5:05:24 PM, "Alan Clegg" <alan at clegg.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Possible problems:
> > >    Mismatched keys.
> > >    Mismatched key names.
> > >    Mismatched clocks.
> >
> > Most likely mismatched key.  I have to figure out how to make sure my
> > master does not require TSIGs and my slave does not try to use them.
>

> TSIG is a step towards better security. Rather learn how to use it than
> go backwards. I see TSIG as a step towards DNSSEC...

I'm with Mark on this.  TSIG isn't that tough to figure out--a couple hours
and you should have it down.  Cricket/Paul's book, and Pro DNS and BIND 10
are good intros to the subject.  I'm installing a copy of Debian 8.1 for
myself right now--I'm curious to see what the stock BIND config looks like
(we use RHEL here at the office).

John