Are there RFCs or any other standard document about RNDC

Evan Hunt each at isc.org
Mon Jul 13 06:05:46 UTC 2015

On Mon, Jul 13, 2015 at 10:47:42AM +0800, 向龙 wrote:
> Good day. I want to manage BIND by RNDC  in my java application, but I
> have not found an implementation of RNDC  in pure java, Do you recomand
> one? If none, are there RFCs or any other  standard document about RNDC?
> Thanks.

No, it's not standard at all, and unfortunately the protocol isn't
well documented.

The last person who asked this question ended up deconstructing the
C code and writing an RNDC implementation in Perl, though:

http://search.cpan.org/~wolfsage/Net-RNDC-0.003/lib/Net/RNDC.pm

Evan Hunt -- each at isc.org
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.