Setup our OWN DNS Server

Sten Carlsen stenc at s-carlsen.dk
Fri Jan 30 17:17:15 UTC 2015

You might be interested in my setup:

I have 2 views, one accessible from inside my network and one from the
outside.

- Inside view is recursive as well as authoritative for my internal
hosts. Everything is in the 192.168.x.x range. This view is dynamically
updated by the DHCP server.

- Outside view is only authoritative for my public names. This view has
fewer entries and serves public IPs. It functions as a stealth master
for 5 public servers.

This setup provides full flexibility and allows me to use the same names
for the internal and the external IPs of my servers.

It is also faster in normal use in terms of resolution speed.

--
Best regards

Sten Carlsen

No improvements come from shouting: