Mentor Required

Mike Hoskins (michoski) michoski at cisco.com
Thu Jan 29 14:46:31 UTC 2015

The other thing is, you mention having tried and failed (agreed that isn't a bad thing, we've all failed countless times and it's how we learn)...how have you failed?

What I think you'll find is you have a list (many lists and other resources really) of mentors.  BIND much like many other Internet projects has a helpful community.  As asked below, you could start by describing your goals or use cases, then share what hasn't worked so far or where you're stuck, as well as sharing your config and any errors you're getting in logs.

You might have to adopt some paths based on your OS, or make other small modifications based on what you are trying to accomplish, but this is a good resource to get you started:

http://www.cymru.com/Documents/secure-bind-template.html

Some others you may not have seen:

http://www.zytrax.com/books/dns/

https://kb.isc.org/article/AA-00845/0/BIND-9.9-Administrator-Reference-Manual-ARM.html