How to enable EDNS for an authoritative name server?

Evan Hunt each at isc.org
Thu Jan 22 07:47:46 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jan 22, 2015 at 03:25:38PM +0800, Jackie Lui wrote:
> I have installed bind 9.10.1 and enable GeoIP features. This works fine
> except the EDNS feature.
>
> When I dig Google DNS server with +subnet parameter, Google DNS server can
> respond the CLIENT-SUBNET value. However, when I dig my DNS server, it
> can't show the CLIENT-SUBNET value. It seems that my server cannot
> handle ECS query?

BIND 9.10 only has support for the client-subnet option in dig, not in
the name server.

Authoritative server support for client-subnet will be in BIND 9.11.
You can try it now by cloning the git repository at source.isc.org, if
you like (I'd be happy to have your feedback on it).

Evan Hunt -- each at isc.org
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.