Trying to define an "in-view" zone without success

Alain Fontaine alain.fontaine at uclouvain.be
Tue Jan 20 10:41:34 UTC 2015

Le 20 janv. 2015 à 10:21, Tony Finch a écrit :

> Alain Fontaine <alain.fontaine at uclouvain.be> wrote:
>> Le 19 janv. 2015 à 16:33, Tony Finch a écrit :
>>
>>> Does it work if you set allow-query { any; }; in the testzone.net clause
>>> in the interne view?
>>
>> From the ARM:
>>
>> A zone statement which uses the in-view option may not use any other
>> options with the exception of forward and forwarders.
>
> No, I meant that you should put the allow-query acl in the master zone
> clause, not the in-view zone clause.

Sorry, I did not read your suggestion correctly - not that it was not clear in the first place.

Yes, that makes it work. In the course of my tests, I did at some time remove the allow-query option from the 'interne' view definition, but that did *not* work. I now have just put an explicit allow-query { any; }; option in the definition of view 'interne', and it makes it work too. I find this difference in behavior strange, since allowing queries from all hosts is supposed to be the default, at least in my understanding.

Thank you for your help, and for your patience in dealing with my bad reading of your first suggestion.