BIND DNSSEC Guide draft

Jeremy C. Reed jreed at isc.org
Thu Jan 1 02:00:23 UTC 2015

ISC is seeking feedback and review for our first public draft of the
BIND DNSSEC Guide.  It was written in collaboration with DeepDive
Networking.

The document provides introductory information on how DNSSEC works, how
to configure BIND to support some common DNSSEC features, as well as
some basic troubleshooting tips.  It has lots of interesting content,
including examples of using ISC's "delv" tool and using a common
provider's web-based interface to manage DS records.

This is a beta edition of the guide. We'd appreciate any feedback or
suggestions, good or bad. You may email me directly, or to our
bind9-bugs@ bug tracker email, or back to this list as appropriate (such
as needing further community discussion). Or you may use the GitHub to
provide feedback (or fixes).  We plan to announce the first edition of
this BIND DNSSEC Guide at the end of January.

The guide also has a recipes chapter with step-by-step examples of some
common configurations. If you have any requests or would like to
contribute some content, please let us know.

The beta of the guide is available in HTML and PDF formats at

http://users.isc.org/~jreed/dnssec-guide/dnssec-guide.html
http://users.isc.org/~jreed/dnssec-guide/dnssec-guide.pdf

The docbook source for the guide is at GitHub:
https://github.com/isc-projects/isc-dnssec-guide/

Happy New Year!

  Jeremy C. Reed
  ISC