Bind RPZ and "in-view" clause

Job Job at colliniconsulting.it
Tue Feb 24 22:24:16 UTC 2015

Hello,

working with many views, we use the "in-view" directive in order to load once the table in the first view (sometime can be large), and reuse it in other views, by linking it with "in-view <zone>".

We appreciated RPZ to protect with dns firewall users; an rpz file can be long some hundreds of thousand of rows and has to be read by bind.

We tried to use the "in-view" clause, in conjunction with response zone file definition, in views but we had this error: "/etc/named.conf:1639: 'rpz.com' is not a master or slave zone".

Someone has been able to make RPZ work in view with "in-view" clause?

Thank you
Francesco