ISC DHCP does not work with BIND 9.10

神明達哉 jinmei at wide.ad.jp
Thu Feb 19 17:40:15 UTC 2015

At Thu, 19 Feb 2015 18:17:13 +0100,
Tomas Hozza <thozza at redhat.com> wrote:

> We have been linking DHCP against separately built BIND in the past and everything
> worked for years. Only thing that changed is that we updated latest BIND
> 9.9 to latest 9.10.

Ah, I realized I was probably not clear enough about one important
point: The two points that make this combination of DHCP and BIND9
unworkable is new in BIND 9.10.  Up to 9.9 there's a separately built
library named "export library", which I guess you have been using.
BIND 9.10 now builds a single unified library which is seemingly
supposed to work both for BIND 9's internal applications and for other
general applications (one possibility of which would be DHCP).  But
the "unified" library that would be used for BIND 9 has the two
problems I mentioned and won't work for DHCP.

If you don't mind still building a separate (set of) library, I
believe you can use this workaround:

- Build (libraries of) BIND 9 with --disable-epoll and --disable-threads
- Install them into somewhere else than where other BIND 9 libs and
  apps are installed
- Use them to build DHCP

--
JINMEI, Tatuya