Request to provide procedure for bind upgrade

Lightner, Jeff JLightner at dsservices.com
Mon Feb 16 16:33:27 UTC 2015

Good point.

Fedora isn't really a good choice for Production systems - it is bleeding edge with short life cycle (usually new version is out 6 months later and they only support the most recent 2.)

Fedora is used as a test bed for what ends up in RHEL later.   RHEL has much longer life cycle but requires a paid subscription for updates.   CentOS is a binary recompile from RHEL sources that doesn't require a paid subscription.   The question is whether you need vendor support for the OS.  If yes then RHEL would be the way to go.  If not CentOS would work.

Note that RHEL6 and CentOS6 are NOT the same as Fedora 6 - they are much later.   Also RHEL7 and CentOS7 are out so if you're reloading to new OS you should start with those rather than RHEL6/CentOS6.