Getting Error || unable to convert errno to isc_result

Daniel Ryslink daniel.ryslink at dialtelecom.cz
Wed Feb 11 20:33:15 UTC 2015

Hello

What uncle Google found for me:

http://www.bind9.net/BIND-FAQ

Quote:

"Q:
Why do I get the following errors:

general: errno2result.c:109: unexpected error:
general: unable to convert errno to isc_result: 14: Bad address
client: UDP client handler shutting down due to fatal receive error:
unexpected error

A:
This is the result of a Linux kernel bug.
See: http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-netdev&m=113081708031466&w=2"

Kernel 2.6.32 end of support date was 6/1/2014, and if I am not
mistaken, Bind 9.8 is not supported anymore either (only branches 9.9
and 9.10)

I don't want to bother you with obvious answers, but IMO you should
consider upgrading to supported versions of both your OS and BIND, since
there were some serious security issues reported and patched lately and
your vulnerable system may be at a risk.

Maybe ISC people will have some solution for you, but generally, people
are encouraged to keep up with the supported versions.

--
Best Regards,
Daniel Ryšlink

Dial Telecom a. s.