Configuration

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Mon Feb 2 17:33:33 UTC 2015

LuKreme <kremels at kreme.com> wrote:
> On Feb 2, 2015, at 4:02 AM, Tony Finch <dot at dotat.at> wrote:
> > wu shuangrong <wushuangrong at yahoo.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> I'd like to configure BIND in such way that when it failed to get result for
> >> the first time, it'll query for the second time.
> >
> > Try adjusting resolver-query-timeout.
>
> That will not help if the FIRST connection is hitting a tar-pit.

There is a timeout of at most 9 seconds on queries from BIND's resolver to
upstream servers (which gets adjusted based on measured RTT), and a
configurable overall query timeout (using the above setting) of between 10
and 30 seconds.

Tony.
Viking, North Utsire, South Utsire: Northerly 5 to 7. Rough or very rough.
Wintry showers. Good.