multiple-Directories

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Fri Dec 25 08:16:31 UTC 2015

On 12/23/15 22:45, Ejaz wrote:
> Is there any way where I can configure multiple directories for the zone
> files, Default one is /var/named/ or /var/named/chroot/var/named.

Sort of.

The "directory" configuration is where named will start to look for
files that don't use a fully qualified path.

> On top I wanted to have one more additional  directory location where I
> can keep the zones file for VIP  customer   on separate location..

zone "c1d1.tld" {
	type master;
	file "customer1/c1d1.tld.zone";
};

zone "c2d1.tld"
	type master;
	file "customer2/c2d1.tld.zone";
};

zone "c2d2.tld"
	type master;
	file "customer2/c2d2.tld.zone";
};

zone "c3d1.tld"
	type master;
	file "customer3/c3d1.tld.zone";
};

Here you are telling named to look for a customer1 or customer2 or
customer3 subdirectory that is inside the directory specified in
"directory".

You can also use fully qualified paths.

zone "c4d1.tld"
	type master;
	file "/home/customer4/c4d1.tld.zone";
};

zone "c5d1.tld"
	type master;
	file "/opt/someCrazyPath/customer5/c5d1.tld.zone";
};

I often keep master and slave zone files in separate directories under
the named working directory.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die