About query response on a view

Okan Bostan bostanok at itu.edu.tr
Thu Dec 10 08:53:52 UTC 2015

Hi,
Firstly thanks for all the responses, giving more details about our config:

Internal view: Internal DNS service for the internal clients. Accepts requests from internal IP, Recursion is on, forwarding the out of zone queries to our cache-only DNS servers. Also serves some zone information.
External view: Authoritative DNS service for our domain.  Accepts requests from external IP, No recursion,

Also we will consider to separate the recursive and authoritative servers, but separating them with views isn't a good solution?

@Eray Aslan, additional-from-cache and additional-from-auth settings did the trick, now server gives "query refused"

@Barry Finkel, yes I typed dig ww. At that point, every recursive query gives the same output. But thanks for the info.

@Mark Elkins,In our setup, we have one machine with 2 IP addresses. (option 3) We are planning to use DNNSEC, Could you give more information about the possible DNSSEC problem?
I fix the referral problem with Eray's solution.

@Kevin Darcy, (a) match-clients is a C class network address space. (b) I explained it above. Thanks for the detailed explanation and the note.

Regards,

Okan Bostan