Help DNS

Darcy Kevin (FCA) kevin.darcy at fcagroup.com
Fri Aug 21 15:54:36 UTC 2015

nslookup is horrible. I'm assuming that the base query (ctc.cu) is getting REFUSED (probably due to lack of loopback in the allow-query-cache clause), then nslookup is stepping through the searchlist, getting one or more NXDOMAINs, and misreporting the overall failure as NXDOMAIN.

If nslookup *must* be used (try dig instead), at least turn on debug so you can see what it's doing behind the scenes.

                                                                                    - Kevin